The latest Chick tract is so insane and scattered that it’s very difficult to sum up in one paragraph. In essence, it’s a confused rant about how dinosaurs can be reconciled with Creationism.
I really suggest you kill five minutes and read the tract itself, but if you actually have a life — and in that case, why are you reading this blog? — here’s a rundown of some of the wackiness you’re missing out on:
- humans and dinosaurs once coexisted, but back then, dinosaurs were called “dragons”
- despite the previous point, a member of a dragon hunting party refers to “dino-burgers”
- a dinosaur was hanging around Adam and Eve when they disobeyed God and ate the fruit in the Garden of Eden (which, I must emphasise again, may well have been a banana)
- a lack of available oxygen post-Flood meant that dinosaurs were easier to hunt and so soon became extinct
- The real issue isn’t where the dinosaurs went… It’s where YOU will go when you die. Heaven or hell? — The choice is yours.
So apparently The Flintstones is an accurate depiction of life in the not-too-distant past.
Wait — a child born with incredible gifts, raised by a man who was not his biological father… Was Bam-Bam the Messiah?